Coughing and sneezing, as a very common health condition, can really make your day so difficult, making you feel that you are unable to ‘survive’.
Some people find it difficult to go through, as it affects their regular daily activities, completely, plus nobody likes to hug a coughing person.
Having a persistent cough usually will keep you up all night, and it can be even worse when it affects small children, because of their weak immunity and ability to fight the reasons why that happens.
The doctors will probably give you a prescription for a cough syrup, as, they believe that this is the best solution to the discomfort. However, some of them do not tell you the fact that pharmaceutical solutions may cause side effects, which many times can be too complicated when taken for too long.
The very common symptoms of that side – effects can be drowsiness, headache, migraine, and rapid heart rate, as the cough syrup contains codeine and dextromethorphan.
The alternative for the syrup is to look for natural remedies, such as raw honey and other potent ingredients. You can try this honey and ginger wrap, which is a proven cough reliever and you can get rid right away.
– 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger or ginger powder
– Olive oil
– Raw natural honey
You will also need a gauze, adhesive tape, and napkins.
1) Combine the flour and honey by stirring them well.
2) Add the ginger in the mixture and drizzle in some olive oil,
3) Stir again.
- Spread the paste-like mixture on a napkin and wrap the gauze around it.
- Secure the wrapping on your back or chest using an adhesive tape.
- The honey wrap for your children should be held on for 3 hours before bedtime.
- Adults can leave the wrap on overnight.
– Such wraps will make you sweat more.
– It has no side-effects, but be more careful when using it in children, because their skin is more sensitive.
The story of Rachel Lim
Rachel used this wrap on her child, and the results were amazing. She transformed the honey wrap treatment slightly and used tin foil.
Instead of olive oil she used coconut oil and added some ginger juice to the mixture.
She applied the wrap on her baby, and the results were seen after 4 hours. Her baby got well, and stopped crying and whining throughout the night and the phlegm or the basal congestion were gone.
Having in mind the ginger and honey potency they have been long used for many purposes.