During the colder months everyone should adjust his/her diet, in order to accommodate the influx of the different bacteria.
This is the reason why the soups have become so popular in the recent time, for all who want to eat healthier and to avoid the risks of seasonal illnesses like cold, flu, sinus infections and excess mucus. One of the most delicious, traditional soup recipe will be presented in this article. It’ll give you all you need to keep your body full of vigour and stay protected this winter.
Each of the ingredient used in this soup, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, directly correlates to a specific part of the body or bodily function. The main ingredients in this soup are ginger and garlic, which belong to the superpower ingredients, with numerous health benefits.
Ginger gives warming effects on the body, so it is very often a part of the meals during the colder months of the year, like cinnamon and hearty soups.
Additionally, garlic makes this soup a perfect cure and prevents from ailments such as flu, various sinus infections and common cold that can affect the body more easily during the winter.
In this fantastic recipe are combined the healing properties of garlic and ginger making it a delicious winter meal.
- 50g of finely sliced of grated root ginger
- 4 Green onions – finely sliced
- 2 peeled and finely diced cloves of garlic
- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock
- 1 finely diced medium-hot chilli
- Optional mushrooms
- Place the onions, garlic, mushrooms and ginger in a large saucepan and gently saute
- Add the stock and bring to the boil
- Continue simmering them gently until all the ingredients are softened
- Add the chopped chilli and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Serve it with warm, crusty bread and a glass of lemon water