The main reasons why the cracked heels appear are linked to callused, dry skin. Very often symptoms of cracked heels are
– Dark, yellowing skin on the heel of the foot;
– Scratchy, hard skin growth;
– Flaky patches; and
– Cracked and peeling skin.
Dry and cracked feet can be caused by:
– Exposure to prolonged standing
– Improper foot care,
– Wearing Open-Heeled Shoes
– Medical Conditions (diabetes and an underactive thyroid)
– Dry air and lack of moisture,
– Unhealthy diet,
– Aging and others
They are not only extremely unattractive, but they can also cause infections and pain. Also in order to prepare their feet for the summer time, most people visit nail salons and spas, which cost them money and time. Some of the people who are doing the treatments on their own, use commercial products in these treatments which are loaded with harmful chemicals and can cause some side effects.
Luckily, we offer you a natural and cheap way how you can take proper care of your feet, and achieve your goal to get the soft and beautiful feet as you wish. This natural homemade remedy will remove calluses, clean the cracked feet, and leave them soft!
DIY Baking Soda Foot Soak – Recipe
3 tablespoons of baking soda
4-5 liters of water in a bucket
Soft scrub sponge/ pumice stone/ brush
Epsom salts (optional)
1) Pour the baking soda in the water and stir to dissolve it, before going to bed,
2) In order to relax and soothe your feet, add a few drops of lavender oil,
3) Some Epsom salt is added if you want to boost the effects of this home spa, and detoxify the skin,
4) The treatment of soaking the feet lasts for 15-20 minutes.
5) When the soaking is finished, run the underside of the feet with a soft scrub sponge (a scrub brush or a pumice stone).
6) Apply some high-in-Vaseline moisturizer on the skin (Vaseline or coconut oil).
7) Put on socks, and go to sleep.
For more intense spa treatment, you can make a paste of baking soda and water and use it to scrub the feet.
These spa treatments will restore the softness and beauty of your feet!