We often hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is also a challenge to be creative in the morning and most of us end up eating the same breakfast over and over, day after day.
But we are here to break that habit and offer you a recipe for absurdly fantastic and incredibly healthy breakfast. Avocado baked eggs. And it is as simple as it sounds. Bake an egg into an avocado.
But before we get to the recipe, we need to justify the claims we have made above. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats that fight certain types of cancer and prevent heart disease. They are also abundant in potassium, magnesium, folic acid, fiber and vitamin E. The natural plant sterol, beta-sitosterol, regulates the cholesterol levels and keeps your heart happy.
Eggs, on the other hand, are also full of nutrients like vitamin D that promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis, vitamin E that reduces the risk of certain cancers. Vitamin A improves vision, vitamin B2 aids digestion and vitamin B12 helps in the production of red blood cells.
The fats in the avocado and the proteins in the eggs provide a filling of fullness. Therefore, this combination of healthy and delicious breakfast will keep you fuller longer.
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika (optional)
- Turmeric (optional)
- Cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed
- Spoon out some avocado to make space for the egg
- Press the avocado into a baking sheet to make its bottom flat
- Crack an egg into the avocado
- Season with salt and pepper or other toppings of your choosing
- Put them in the oven on baking sheets and cook until the eggs are done
Sources and References:
Featured image source: kaleandchocolate.com