Black pepper is originated from south India and is extensively cultivated elsewhere in tropical regions. It is among the most commonly used spices throughout the world.
However, it is not only used as a flavoring agent in a variety of meals, but it also has many other properties. Its use is significant in medicine, perfume industry, and as a preservative.
The benefits of the black pepper have been the subject of research for long period, and the researchers have especially examined the benefits of black pepper essential oil. The pepper essential oil, as a main active ingredient, effectively improve digestive health, reduce the risk of oxidative damage, and proves many other benefits.
In the article bellow you will find 7 Proven Therapeutic Effects of Black Pepper Essential Oil:
The healing properties of this essential oil are numerous, such as diuretic, laxative, diaphoretic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, expectorant, carminative, stimulant, antispasmodic, febrifuge, etc.
Look at the 7 most effective properties
- Antioxidant properties
The antioxidant properties of this oil are seen in preventing or repairing the difficulties caused by free radicals.
The efficiency of this oil is shown in lowering the risk of liver problems, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
- Antibacterial properties
These properties of black pepper essential oil effectively relieve the symptoms of infections and insect bites.
In addition, the regular consumption of black pepper will improve the cleansing of the arteries and decrease your likelihood of atherosclerosis.
- Improves digestion
It enhances digestion, due to the ability to elevate the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach.
Acting effectively, it is, also crucial in preventing diarrhea, constipation, and colic, as well as preventing intestinal gas and bloating. In addition, it stimulates sweating and urination helping to get rid of toxins and waste materials.
- Promotes weight loss
As the outer layer of the peppercorn induce fat cell breakdown, the black pepper essential oil is effective in boosting your body to burn fat, which promotes weight loss.
- Alleviates sinusitis and nasal congestion
It is alleviating the symptoms of nasal congestion and sinus infections because it can dissolve mucus and phlegm in your respiratory tract.
- Improves skin health
One of the best treatments of vitiligo (the patchy loss of skin pigmentation) is exactly with this essential oil.
According to the researchers, thanks to the piperine that black pepper possesses, it can induce pigment production, which is good for reducing the symptoms of this skin condition.
- Enhances neurological health
Another benefit of the piperine is the ability to decrease the risk of cognitive malfunction and memory weakening.
Here are the methods how you can use the black pepper essential oil to have the complete therapeutic effects. It can be inhaled, applied topically, or taken orally:
1) Taking the oil orally helps fight these health issues thanks to its powerful antioxidants:
– Stimulates sweating and urination – cleansing the body to get rid of toxins
– Stimulates the production of bile in your stomach – improves digestion.
It can be added to steak or BBQ sauce.
2) Inhaling the oil help in cases of:
– Relaxes your body and mind.
– Alleviate mental stress, if it is inhaled along with oils such as juniper and lavender
– Relieves the stress caused by quitting smoking.
3) Applying the oil topically alleviates the symptoms of these conditions:
– Relaxes your muscles and relieve cramps and pulls, by diluting some black pepper oil in carrier oil and apply it topically
– Provides cramp relief thanks to the antispasmodic properties of the oil can,
– Eliminates the uric acid from your blood
– It is an excellent natural remedy for those who suffer from rheumatism, gout, and arthritis.