Sleeping well has priceless values for the people’s health, so being unable to fall asleep is the worst nightmare that has ever happened. Medical records in the USA show that around 30% of American adults suffer from insomnia. But, also almost half of Americans complain about not getting enough sleep, regardless of an insomnia diagnoses.
As there are many methods how to stop it, people are sometimes confused which one to use. Some of them use medication, but they suffer from numerous side-effects like changes in appetite, constipation, tingling in limbs, inability to maintain balance, diarrhea, drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, headache, flatulence, memory issues, heartburn, uncontrollable shaking, stomach ache, weakness, nightmares and many more that can be added.
Insomnia and sleep deficiency
Insomnia is a very common condition, which occurs in the people who are unable to sleep due to numerous factors. It is reflecting by waking up during the night or by waking up too early.
It can be caused by psychological, biological or social factors, including anxiety, hypertension, depression, medical diseases, and issues.
The people who cannot sleep well and stay awake at night are affected in everyday life, as it causes symptoms like:
– Anxiety and anger,
– Poor concentration / memory / cognitive function
– Headaches or migraines,
– Lack of energy and coordination,
– Upset stomach.
With every day that goes by this situation can get worse. The people who prefer natural methods of treating this condition use for example chamomile, which does wonders, others like nice music or practice some exercises, but we found one of the best ways – using nutmeg to treat your insomnia and sleep deprivation.
Nutmeg and insomnia
Nutmeg, with its compound myrsticin has a strong flavor and shows the perfect ability to act as a powerful natural sedative. It inhibits the production of enzymes that cause stress and insomnia.
Here are instructions how to use nutmeg!
1) Use it in moderation – a pinch will do wonders
2) When taken in large amounts it can lead to hallucinations and toxicity, so it is better to use it under a supervision of a medic
3) It’s not recommended for pregnant women and children
4) In case you take other medication, consult your doctor before you use nutmeg
How to use nutmeg:
- a) In a cup of water add a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
Drink this before bedtime
- b) You can use the nutmeg-honey mix, which works well, too.
Prepare the mixture of a pinch of nutmeg powder and a tablespoon of honey. Eat this combination 15 minutes before you go to bed.