Himalayan salt has become a very popular ingredient in almost every kitchen recently, as it possesses 84 natural elements and minerals that play important role in the human body. They are all in an ionic state, which means that they are small enough and can be easily absorbed in the body.
The properties of this salt have been used from the people from many cultures, such in Eastern culture, people used the therapeutic properties of salt rooms, while the ancient Greeks used Halotherapy as a treatment for respiratory problems.
The Himalayan salt possesses powerful anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-microbial properties. For that reason, this is a common treatment for the respiratory issues, including asthma, hay fever, allergies, and congestion.
To get the benefits of this salt for respiratory issues many people visit salt mines and salt rooms, but now, these benefits of the Himalayan salt can be enjoyed in the commodity of our home as well. You can find it in various forms, lamps, rocks, coarse salt for baths, blocks, slabs, as well as ground salt for cooking.
One of the best ways to enjoy the beneficial effects of this salt is by using salt inhalers. During the inhalation, the natural moisture in the air absorbs the salt particles into the lungs. This process gives the ability to treat inflammation, sinusitis, asthma, allergies, colds, and congestion.
Here you can find the top health benefits of Himalayan salt:
– Contains 84 natural elements and minerals important for human body.
– Detoxifies the body, due to Its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties
– It has the ability to act as a natural expectorant and reduces excess mucous.
– Effectively reduces the redness and swelling of nasal passages
– Alleviates irritations and inflammation, due to smoke and pollution
– Reducing mucus it relieves night time coughing and post nasal drip, so it also helps sleeping problems
Instructions on how to use a salt inhaler:
Note: You should use the inhaler for dry therapy only, so use it without water.
Follow the next steps:
1) Place the Himalayan rocks inside a ceramic inhaler,
2) Place the mouthpiece in the mouth
3) Breathe normally through the mouth, and breathe out through the nose.
What exactly happens?
During the inhalation, the long slow deep of breathing will bring the salt ions to the lungs, and because they are small size, they will bypass the nasal filtering system coming directly into the lungs.
In the lungs, ions will get absorbed and brought into the bloodstream. Passing through the bloodstream it helps in relieving inflammation and pain in the lungs, treating various respiratory issues (asthma, pneumonia, and bronchitis).
The effects of this treatment cannot be seen immediately, so you will probably need to repeat this procedure regularly.
In order to refill the inhaler, open the round plastic stopper and replace the used Himalayan salt with the fresh coarse salt, and the inhaler is ready to use, just plug the stopper back in.
The slat inhalers can be found in most health food stores, or online. We recommend you to get it as soon as possible and enjoy its amazing effects!