There are millions of people that experience coughing and breathing difficulties on daily basis. They are often caused by nasal or throat obstructions and as a result of the phlegm in the lungs. This condition is not life-threatening, however, if it is not treated, it may lead to more serious health issues.
What does phlegm represent?
The respiratory system secrets a sticky substance called phlegm. It is produced by mucus membranes to protect the respiratory system. As the mucus is very sticky it can trap allergies, dust, and viruses.
The function of the mucus is to prevent infections, like the cold. In the case of its concentration in the throat and chest, it leads to coughing, but, also may lead to severe health conditions.
Additionally, it may lead to the weakened body, runny nose, cough, fever, and breathing difficulties.
However, you can use numerous natural treatments for eliminating concentrated amounts of phlegm in the lungs and to soothe respiratory issues. We offer you here 4 the most efficient ways:
Ginger belongs to the group of beneficial antihistamines that has antiviral, antibacterial, and expectorant properties. Helping to get rid of the phlegm, the ginger root can relieve throat and chest congestion.
In order to treat respiratory infections and maintain your health, you should either consume 3 – 4 slices of ginger drink or a several cups of ginger root on a daily basis.
Preparation of ginger tea
– Two cups of water
– A teaspoon of honey
– 6 – 7 ginger slices
– A teaspoon of peppercorn
1) Add the peppercorn and the slices of ginger in boiled water
2) Cover the bowl with ingredients and leave it to boil for a minute
3) Simmer the mixture for 5 – 7 minutes (on a medium heat)
4) After cooling, the mixture add organic honey
5) Consuming 2 – 3 cups of ginger on a regular basis, can effectively eliminate breathing difficulties and prevent congestion.
Lemon and Honey
The combination of these two powerful ingredients, lemon, and raw honey can soothe coughing and relieve the respiratory tract. Both of them possess antifungal and antibacterial properties. The lemon also contains Vitamin C, which prevents congestion, boosts up the immune system and breaks down the mucus.
How to prepare this mixture?
– One tablespoon of organic honey
– Two tablespoons of lemon juice
Preparation method and consumption:
1) Mix the lemon juice and the organic honey
2) Consume it 3 times per day and prevent congestion and relieve infections.
One of the most efficient home remedies for eliminating mucus and preventing chest congestion is by using a steam inhalation. Steaming, especially with the infused water with some herbs will help you to restrain clogged mucus.
To prepare you will need the following ingredients:
– 4 – 5 cups of boiling water
– Half a teaspoon of thyme
– Half a teaspoon of dried rosemary
Direction and consumption:
1) Add the rosemary and the thyme in the boiled water
2) Covering your head with a towel, inhale the steam
3) The result of this remedy will be seen instantly
4) Repeat the inhalation process several times per day until the phlegm disappear.
In order to increase the benefits of steaming you can add essential oils that destroy germs, sooth congestion and reduce inflammation. You can use tea tree oil and menthol oil that soothe congestion and eliminate symptoms of asthma and sinus infections.
Turmeric contains a high amount of curcumin, which has powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties that reduce phlegm. Additionally, it boosts up the immune system.
How to prepare it?
The ingredients needed:
– A teaspoon of turmeric
– Half a teaspoon of salt
– A glass of water (warm)
Preparation method and consumption:
1) Add the turmeric in a glass of warm water
2) Add the salt and mix it well
3) Gargling the mixture 3 – 4 times per day for several minutes will help you to treat respiratory infections
Expect to get rid of phlegm in the chest.