As one of the healthiest ingredients around the world, the coconut oil is used in many variations to boost the overall health of the body.
It’s been used for centuries to enhance the quality of the skin, nails, and hair, as an addition to sunscreens, body creams, and many other beauty products.
The women in India, Malaysia, Burma, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Indonesia, and the Carribean, have been commonly used it in order to keep their hair naturally colored, long and silky.
In this article we will emphasize some of the most common benefits the coconut oil for your hair, as it is one of the best beauty products for these purposes:
- Repairs Hair Damage
Comparing with the mineral oil and sunflower oil, the coconut oil is better in the prevention of hair damage, due to its property to reduce protein loss and boosting the shaft.
It should be applied to the hair ends to repair them, but they should be still trimmed off every 6 weeks.
- Prevents Hair Loss
In cases of various inflammatory skin conditions, nutritional deficiencies and fungal infections, the people can experience hair loss.
Thanks to its healthy fats the coconut oil is beneficial for the scalp and shaft, treats skin infections and soothes inflammation.
1) Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of sage oil and cook them over low heat
2) Then cool it and apply the mixture on the head at bedtime
3) Cover the head with a shower cap, and leave it until the next morning.
4) Wash it off.
- Gray Hair
The color of the hair is received from the pigment cells that are located at the base of the follicle of the hairs, and they die over the time and become less efficient.
Treatment – massage the hair with lemon and coconut oil for 15 minutes every day. This treatment will protect the base of the hair follicles and nourish the scalp, and thus prevent gray hair.
- Makes Your Hair Smooth
As a result of excessive dryness of the cuticles and hair shaft people usually get a frizzy hair. As this oil is hydrophobic it repels water, but at the same time, it retains the moisture within the hair shaft.
How to use – applying coconut oil 10-15 minutes before washing the hair, will make the hair smooth and silky. Then, when brushing through the hair easily, apply, again some coconut oil on the hair ends.
Many people use coconut oil for hair styling, as it tames flyaways and slicks down the hair.
- Fights Dandruff
When the people have dry skin, fungus, or some other factors they can experience dandruff, which is a common chronic scalp condition. Its main symptom is peeling of the skin on the scalp.
Because of the ability of coconut oil to fight fungal infections and hydrating the skin, it is shown very effective in treating dandruff.
1) Mix coconut oil and castor oil in equal amounts, and massage the scalp with the mixture.
2) Leave the mixture to act for half an hour, and then wash it out.
3) In the case of severe dandruff, repeat this every time you wash the hair.
- Kills Lice
Usually, young children are having lice, so they are treated by the products, which contain toxins and chemicals and cause the burning of the scalp and damaging the hair.
The ability of the coconut oil to hydrate is of great help for the skin instead of irritating it and in addition, it kills even the pesticide-resistant lice.
How to use:
– Apply it evenly to the hair and leave it to act for several days,
– Continue applying it as it gets absorbed
– For better effects, mix the coconut oil with a few drops of tea tree oil.
– We strongly suggest using this remarkable oil for your hair.
– Use organic coconut oil.
– Add coconut oil to organic or herbal shampoos if they don’t contain coconut oil if they contain you just enjoy its potent properties.