The human’s body depends on water to survive. It is important for every cell, organ, and tissue in your body that needs water to work properly. The water is important for example, for maintaining its temperature, removing waste, and lubricating your joints. However, that’s not all, as this natural elixir helps us maintain our overall health.
It has the ability to improve the complexion, to provide the needed energy for the entire day, to enhance overall health, and even to help weight loss.
For those health properties, especially for the weight loss, many people are not really aware. The people who take care about the proper hydration boost their well-being and helps can lose excess pounds more than those who don’t drink enough water.
According to the survey conducted in the USA, the most of Americans do not consume the recommended amount of water per day, which is one of the main reasons for many issues, including poor weight loss results.
The recent study showed that the consumption of 2 glasses of water before meals helps dieters to lose an additional 5 pounds annually, as well as maintaining that steady weight loss. So, you can see, the key is to drink only 2 glasses of water.
The proper consumption of the water daily can significantly boost the metabolism and lower the urge for overeating. The experts found that the dehydration confuses thirst and hunger, and usually the people stop eating when they actually need only water.
In order to drink a proper amount of water, you should know how to calculate it. The proper amount of water depends on your body weight.
We will emphasize a few simple tips, which can help you to find it out why you should drink a certain amount of water:
1) The needed amount of water for your body largely depends on the body weight, so you must accurately know it.
2) This amount of water will normally vary (the man’s body would need more water, than the woman’s).
3) How to calculate
– Divide the weight in half and drink that amount of ounces (e.g. in case you weigh 180 pounds, 1/2 = 90, so you should drink 90 ounces of water on a daily basis).
4) Activity level – as physical activities lead to sweating, you are losing water, and you need to compensate for the loss of it. To be exact, when you exercise you should add approximately 15 ounces of water for every half an hour.
5) Here is a chart that will help you calculate the recommended daily intake of water easily:
Picture – Daily Water Intake
Or those of you who find it hard to increase the consumption of the amount of water (over 100 ounces a day) here are some additional tips:
– From the beginning drink 2 cups of water (16 ounces) before meals, which is at least 48 ounces a day.
– Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning, and before going to bed (which is 32 ounces), and the rest of water needed should be drunk throughout the day.
– Our suggestion is to use some specific container in order to help you calculate the amount of water you have consumed.
Other included sources linked in Get Holistic Health’s article: