Dandelion is one of the most known medicinal plants, which can be used fully and for a lot of good purposes. All parts of a dandelion are used for various purposes, e.g. for chronic diseases like allergies, helping relieve stress in a women’s pregnancy and menopause period or keeping your cholesterol in check.
Dandelions can be found in isolated places with clean air without pollution. They are in the best condition in April.
It is usually used for stabilizing bile formation and detoxifying the liver due to its diuretic properties. Their leaves are edible and can be used in salads.
Their nutritional values are fascinating, they are great supplements for vitamins, even richer than tomatoes and spinach leaves. Compared with carrots they have a higher level of carotene and are rich in minerals too.
Its spiky green crown tastes like artichoke hearts and the taste are similar to basil.
The benefits of its consumption are seen in purifying the blood, ending any stomach issues, improving the gallbladder’s functioning and improving metabolism.
The experts believe that dandelion is able to cure life-threatening diseases like diabetes. The milk from its stem can be harmful if touched but in contrary, it has healing properties and is strong enough to treat warts.
From the flowers blooming of the dandelion plants is made dandelion syrup, which is also known as honey. This syrup is used for detoxification of the blood, as it eliminates any toxins, thus purifying and strengthening the blood. In addition, it improves the digestive system and helps in relieving cough and cold.
Dandelion has been known to cure even the most life-threatening diseases. According to recent scientific discovery, dandelion has the properties to cure cancer as well. Additionally, dandelion cures acne, arthritis, edema, constipation, hepatitis, and rheumatism. It is also used for preventing a lot of issues that women may face like breast cancer, tumors, cysts, and resolves breastfeeding and breast milk issues if any.
The Recipes of Dandelion
If you wish to consume the most organically dandelion syrup you can make it at home and add a naturally made honey.
How to prepare it?
1) Pour 3-3 ½ liters of cold water over about 400 dandelion flowers
2) Add four sliced oranges s and four sliced lemons over it.
3) Let this mixture to stand 24 hours.
4) Then, you can strain the mixture and heat up the liquid that has strained out of it
5) To the heating, liquid adds two cups of sugar.
6) Stir it until you see the hot liquid thickening into the consistency of syrup.
7) When ready transfer the liquid to a sterilized jar.
The syrup can be stored for a few months straight without worrying about its quality. You can use it for treating bronchitis, cold and cough. Using a spoon of it every day you can strengthen your immunity, and it can be used for children, too.
Dandelion tea is usually used for relieving stress. This is a favorite tea for many pregnant women, so they would consume it every day.
Here is the procedure how to make it at home
1) Dry picked dandelion leaves and clean them well
2) Chop them finely and store in a jar for ease of use.
3) For one glass of tea take about 1 ½ teaspoon of leaves.
4) You can sweeten them with date syrup or honey, as you desire
5) You should never use a metal spoon while preparing dandelion tea, always use a wooden spoon.
Dandelion Root Tea
Instead of flowers for making tea, you can try the dandelion tea made from its roots.
1) You need fresh and dried dandelion roots and mix them in a 1:2 ratio
2) Boil the mixture with a covered lid.
3) After simmering, strain the liquid into a cup and sip on the tea.
4) It can be sweetened with natural sweeteners like honey as you desire.
5) The daily dose can be up to 3 cups
All the medical benefits of dandelion are used today for medical purposes and dandelion is used as a core ingredient in the pharmacy too.