If you do not have enough reasons to eat avocados frequently, this article will make you fall in love with this vitamin-packed fruit.
Avocados have a lot of different health benefits, listed below you will find some of them.
- Nutrient bomb
- Avocados have 20 minerals and vitamins, and eating one avocado a day will satisfy your needs for some nutrients:
- 41% Folate
- 33% Vitamin C
- 53% Vitamin K
- 28% Potassium
- 26% Vitamin B6
- 19% Copper
- 21% Vitamin E
(The values above are the recommended daily amount of nutrients)
- Healthy fats
- Avocados are consisted of monounsaturated fats, and these fats are good for your body because they lower the cholesterol level.
- Weight management
- Research has shown that avocados can keep you full for a longer period of time, so you won’t have to eat snacks between your daily meals.
- Latest statistics show that over 40% of the Americans will have diabetes at some period in their lifetime, and that is a very serious problem. To prevent dealing with diabetes keep your blood sugar levels under control.
A group of scientist came up with a great idea. They formed a study in which the participants had to eat avocados with their meals. One group didn’t have avocado with their meals. So, the participants who had avocados didn’t show any increase in their blood sugar level. This means that you can easily avoid blood sugar spikes by eating an avocado with your meal.
- Avocados increase the good cholesterol, and lower the bad one. Eating avocados more frequently will help you arteries work without any problems. Your heart will be very thankful if you maintain clean arteries. This also reduces the risk of a heart disease.
- The development of allergies, arthritis, heart disease and asthma is created by chronic inflammation.
- As the studies showed inflammation is reduced by oleic acids, with which the avocados are super packed with. You can prevent artery damages by adding an avocado to your meal. This will cause any damage and plaque deposits to be reduced.
- Due to the anti-inflammatory power of the avocado it easily soothes pain. So, next time when you experience pain do not say no to guacamole.
- Blood pressure
- One of the reasons you may deal with hypertension is sodium-high diet. Potassium regulates the blood pressure and determinates the effect of sodium. Avocados are packed with this mineral.
- Nutrient absorption
- Sometimes it is not enough just to eat lots of fruits and vegetables because the body just doesn’t absorb any of the good stuff. But, eating avocados also increases your body’s ability to absorb the nutrients from other foods, such as vitamins D, E, A and K, and antioxidants.
- Macular degeneration is treated/prevented by lutein and zeaxanthin in the avocados. Macular degeneration is the main cause of blindness in the US. You can only get these nutrients by maintaining a diet. Avocados are filled with a healthy portion of lutein.
- Skin and hair
- Avocados work better than any luxury creams and lotions, plus you don’t have to smear anything on your skin or hair because they work from the inside out. One avocado will provide you with 20% of your daily intake of vitamin E, this vitamin prevents free radical damage, and maintains your hair and skin healthy and smooth.
- Avocados are rich in copper, vitamin K and folate, this are the things you need to strengthen your bones.
- Eating an avocado will provide you with about 54% of your daily recommended intake of fiber. Every good-functioning digestive tract is depended on having enough fiber.
- Adding avocados to your salad will help you in avoiding colds. Avocados are rich with tons of vitamins B, which heal diseases and infections. Vitamins E and C boost immunity and, as you can see, lemons aren’t the only fruit that is rich with vitamin C.
- Folate is very important for expecting moms. It has a crucial role in the development of the neural tube, and the baby’s brain, spine and bones will grow from it. Avocados are very rich in folate, potassium, and vitamins B6 and C. Vitamin B6 also helps with smoothening morning sickness.
- Healthy fats help in boosting energy and keeping you healthy and energized through the day. Very good news is that your energy will be always high and it won’t ‘’crush’’. Avocados are a great addition to any carb dish because they slow down the digestion of carbs and prevent a ‘’sugar crash’’.
- Mood booster
- Eating avocados will increase your happiness. Healthy fats in avocados increase dopamine levels and endorphins. That is why you should eat an avocado every day.
- Sharp brain
- Copper is a very good brain stimulant, and an avocado will provide you with 20% of your RDI of this mineral. Avocado is actually an ultimate food for the brain. Copper will help you get more creative and innovative.
There are a lot of recipes that will help you eat avocados more often, so make sure to add avocados to your grocery list.